Wednesday, March 12, 2014

San Pablo - Day 2

Hello friends and family, the past few days have been a great life changing experience. There have been moments and places that I will never forget. This trip to Belize is my first time out of the country, and it has been eye opening experience. My favorite part of this trip so far has been seeing a little girl’s face light up and smile when she finally knew how to do a problem that I was helping her with. This trip has made me realize that the small experiences in my classroom will be the most rewarding sometimes.

 Today I was able to walk a student to his house with another UofL student and tour the village of San Pablo after school. The children were so happy to show us where they live and the river they wash their clothes in. I cannot wait for the rest of this trip and to share all of my experiences when I get home!!
Casey Cochran

 
Greetings friends and family!
This experience has been so amazing so far. Between our cultural excursions and teaching in the school, I feel very much a part of this community! San Pablo is a great school and I am learning so much about the students and teachers. It’s encouraging to know that we get along so well. Today, I got to spend a lot more time getting to know the students, which I absolutely loved. They are so curious about our presence in their classroom, and I have loved sharing my life with them these last few days! I am so excited to love on these kiddos a little more the rest of this week.

I have loved the conversations with my team members as well, we have had so much fun with each other so far! I feel so incredibly blessed to be a part of this trip. I already feel like I’ve learned so much about myself, but also a little snapshot into the culture of Belize and more specifically San Pablo. I can’t wait for more great memories these next few days!

Angela Gitschier

 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment