Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hello friends and family!
So far our trip to Belize has been such a beautiful experience. After arriving at our motel, we have already visited an island for snorkeling, danced with natives, adventured through a zoo, and spent valuable time bonding with our teammates. I have already learned so much about this culture. Throughout this weekend, we were able to relax and prepare for our week in the school. I am looking forward to implementing our math lessons and collaborating with the teachers of San Pablo and Red Bank. Although I am a little nervous, I also feel confident after much planning and preparation for this week. Our trip leaders are taking great care of us, and we are having so much fun getting to know one another. I feel blessed to be a part of this experience!
Rachel Woodrow

 
Hello wonderful blog followers,
What a fantastic three days we have been having! I have to say it has been non-stop, but I am making so many memories in this amazing country. We have a great group of girls and the leaders are definitely make the trip well worth it. We are in such good hands. The best is still yet to come! I am very excited for this upcoming week in the schools and I am so blessed to have this opportunity. I am most looking forward to getting in my classroom and meeting all my students. I am anxious to see how their schools are because I know they are nothing like ours in the United States. At the end of this trip, I will go home realizing how grateful I should be for the things I have. In this country, even though many people have so little, they are the happy people and family is everything to them. These people will impact my life and being here makes me realize why I want to be a teacher one day…to help the children. Let the school week begin! Relaxing time is over and we are here to make an impression on these people and represent the University of Louisville!
GO CARDS!
Leah Hackert







 


No comments:

Post a Comment